Michelia champaca & Turlock, CA (Sunset Zone 17) - Knowledgebase Question

Berkeley, CA
Question by Lisa836
December 2, 2005
I am a lanscape architect working on a project in Turlock. I have not worked there before and unfamiliar with the climate. I am working on a large courtyard/parking lot for a multi-residnetial building complex. The site has some beautiful palm specimans in the courtyard. I would like to plants several trees that are approximately 20'x20' and are tropical in appearance. How will the Michelia champaca do in Turlock and do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Lisa Howard

December 2, 2005

0

According to the University of California, Michelia Champaca is a good choice for landscapes in the Inland Empire. Since this was your first choice, I'd stick with it and plant as planned. Best wishes with your landscape project!