Full Sun Japanese Maple - Knowledgebase Question

Fountain Valley, Ca
Question by fleurfarine
December 4, 2005
I am looking for a full sun Japanese Maple. I would like some colorfull foliage. It needs to be small because it will be in a planter with only about 8 feet up until it would reach the eves of the house. Any suggestions? Can I order it through Home Depot or other local retailer?
Thanks
Paula

December 4, 2005

0

Acer palmatum 'Corallinum is a maple that grows in full sun and has an upright growth habit, reaching only 7-8 feet at maturity. In spring, small leaves erupt in a pink color somewhere between maraschino cherries and cocktail shrimp. It's a relatively popular maple so you can probably find it in most of the larger nurseries. Home Depot may be able to order one for you - why not check with their garden center?