cupressus sempervirens glauca - Knowledgebase Question

melbourne, vi
Question by tamlep2000
December 15, 2005
One of my cupressus sempervirens glauca is out of shape. All its branches are flopping out. What shoud I do to keep the plant in shape?

December 15, 2005

0

The branches of Cupressus sempervirens glauca should grow upright and dense; they should not droop. If the branches of your Italian Cypress are drooping, there's a problem with insects or disease, or the roots are suffering from too much or too little water. It's really impossible to diagnose a problem without actually seeing it so I can only suggest you closely inspect the branches to see if you can find an insect infestation or evidence of disease. If not, dig the plant up and inspect the roots. Healthy roots should be creamy white inside; roots that are rusty colored or brown or mushy indicate poor health. Cut away any dead or mushy roots and replant in a new spot that has good drainage. Be sure to water your plant well, deeply soaking it once each week. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"