Silver lace vine planting - Knowledgebase Question

Weston, CT
Question by ghirshey
I've just ordered silver lace vine plants from Burpee to plant on a split rail and chain link fence around a pool How far apart should I plant them for good privacy the first season? When can I expect them to bloom in my area? Do they have any special needs in terms of soil or watering? The site is sunny most of the day, with late afternoon shade.

0

Silver lace vine sometimes also called China fleece vine, grows to 20 feet, with masses of fragrant white flowers in late summer. They're easy-care plants, and although they prefer full sun, late afternoon shade shouldn't pose a problem. You should give it about 5 feet between plants.