house plant leaves turned white after leaving it outside for 2 days - Knowledgebase Question

Salinas, CA
Question by aamaro2000
We have had a 6 foot tropical looking house plant for 8 years now. Last weekend we put had to put it outside and we left it there for 2 days. When we brought it back in most of the leaves had turned a white color. But, just on the top of the leaf, not on the bottom. I think it might be sun damage. What do you recommend I do to save it. I have pictures I can send you if you give me a address. Thank you.

0

Considering the circumstances, I suspect what you're seeing is sunscald. The affected portions of the leaves will not recover, although the plant may retain the leaves for quite a long time before dropping them. I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to correct the damage, but you can avoid it by not putting your plant in direct sunshine. Find a shady spot next time you take your plant outdoors. Best wishes with your plant!