Dandelions - Knowledgebase Question

El Paso, TX
Question by Dandalyne
I have always loved dandelions and even though I have seen a few in El Paso, I have never been able to get them to grow from the seeds I've collected. Where can I order weeds that will grow here? This is a serious question even though it may sound like a joke to people in most areas of the country.

0

Hey, who am I to judge? I ask neighbors to dig violets from their lawns to plant in mine because I love them so much. I get a few raised eyebrows myself. What you enjoy in your space is your business. Having said that, you are not going to be the most popular guy in the neighborhood when you start planting dandelions because they will of course, turn fuzzy and blow seeds everywhere! Dandelions are extremely aggressive and you may have so many in a few years that you will be posting asking how to getrid of them. I did find a source of dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) for you, SBE Exotic Seed at www.seedman.com/seedbank.html. Enjoy yourself, and consider changing your phone number (Ha Ha!).