Snowberry -Bright White- - Knowledgebase Question

tulsa, ok
Question by dmsimms1
I recently purchased a snowberry that had beautiful berries. Now most of the berries have turned brown. I'm not sure what to do to make it better. I'm not sure what it's typical cycle is during winter to early spring. Do the berries normally stay? I'm new at this, I'm sorry. I just don't know if I need to water more, less, or fertilize. Any tips would be great I really want it to survive. Thank you so much for your time and help!
Michelle Gray

0

The white berries on your snowberry will naturally age and turn brown in late winter so I think what you're seeing is normal for this plant. In a few weeks you'll see new growth and later in the season you'll see flowers which will turn into berries. Birds love these berries so normally they're all gone by mid-winter. Don't worry too much about the berries - your plant will produces beautifully bright and white berries next fall. Enjoy!