Washingtonian Double Palm Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Bluffton, SC
Question by aelliott732
I bought a double Washingtonian Palm tree several months ago. The fronds are constantly dying off one by one. The nursery where I purchased the tree, told me that the palm tree was in transplant shock and would be losing fronds. Although the fronds, continue to die, I do see new growth. Is there hope that this palm tree will be healthy looking soon, and not always losing its fronds?

0

It may very well be normal and natural for your palm to lose fronds due to transplant stress. Since it is also producing new growth, I think the worst is over and it will establish its roots and really begin to look healthy. Wait until the fronds are completely dead before removing them. Even a little bit of green means that photosynthesis is taking place and the roots will benefit from it.

Give your palm a few more weeks - I'm sure it will regain its health.