Desert Plants suitable for Palm Springs - Knowledgebase Question

Carlsbad, CA
Question by grafp
Please direct me where on your site I can see the variety of plants, soils, and lawns suitable for Palm Springs.

Thank you.

0

The climate in Palm Springs will be a bit hotter and certainly drier than you experienced in other regions of California, but you can still create a paradise if you're careful in your selection of plants. Date palms grow in profusion, as do bauhinia and a grapefruit. Other tropical-looking plants include Fatsia japonica, Solandra maxima, Hibiscus (planted in a protected, shady spot and misted frequently). You can glean even more ideas by consulting Sunset Western Garden Book (available at most libraries), and by walking or driving through your new neighborhood to see what other gardeners have planted. Best of luck with your new landscape!