Kalanchoe - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Rapids, MI
Question by mollantj
How can I get the kalanchoe that's not flowering to flower, and how can I best get the one that is flowering to continue.

0

Kalanchoe should flower spring through summer, if they get the correct cultural conditions. Try these suggestions: They like average household temperatures (minimum 50F degrees in the winter). Keep it in a west-facing window from spring through autumn, then move it to a south-facing window in the winter. Water thoroughly but let the surface of the soil dry between waterings. When in bloom, mist the plants regularly. Prune back the flower stalks after flowers fade. Kalanchoe will go through a rest period after they've flowered, so don't expect flowers all year around. Just be patient and the plant will resume flowering in the spring time.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"