Sun and drought tolerant plantings in brick containers - Knowledgebase Question

ventura, ca
Question by kandersson39
I have a Mediterranean look to my front yard. Lots of sage, society garlic, herbs and citrus trees. In my brick containers closest to my house I have quite a bit of heavenly bamboo. I would like to keep this plant. It looks nice. I mistakenly planted Mexican primrose and it has become very overgrown. I would like to add more compatible plants and take out the primrose. Do you have any ideas??? I need something drought tolerant, sun tolerant and that looks good with both heavennly bamboo and a mixed Mediterranean look.
Thanks for your help

0

To pick up the foliage colors of your nandina, I'd plant Astilbe, Vaccinium (evergreen huckleberry), and Imperata 'Rubra' (Japanese Blood Grass). All take full sunshine and all should add interesting leaf texture to your containers. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"