need a fast growing ground cover for sunny hillside - Knowledgebase Question

Seymour, CT
Question by JFrench9
I live in CT where the winters usually do not go below -5 F. I have a steep sunny hillside that goes up from my backyard to woods. I would like a fast growing groundcover (NOT Creeping Juniper or IVY), i've considered Bamboo, but worry about invasiveness...I'm thinking of evening primrose..anything else?

thanks

0

Here are some suggestions for ground covers you might use: Aegopodium (goutweed), Ajuga (bugleweed), Arctostaphylos (kinnikinnick), Euonymus, English Ivy, Wilton carpet juniper, Mahonia, Pachysandra, Sedum, or Vinca (periwinkle). You can also seed crownvetch on the hillside and it will take over, hold the hill and flower in midsummer. It can actually be invasive, so grow it with caution.