My Verbena and Innocence is wilting! - Knowledgebase Question

Aloma, FL (Zone 9B)
Question by julieh519
Help! I'm a very new, but incredibly excited gardner and I've tried my hand at a few plants. I bought a beautiful hanging basket of bright pink Petunias, white trailing Innocence and trailing Carpet Blue Verbena (my favorite!) I bought it Saturday took it home and hung it in full sun. I watered it well on Sunday and it was a beauty! I came home from work today (Monday) and it was wilting terribly! I gave it a good watering and the Petunias perked right up, but the Innocence and Verbena just kind of laid there like they had been stepped on. The Verbena hangs down, and at the heads they just kind of looked broken and pointing straight down. What did I do? I only had the thing for 2 days! Help! Thanks very much!

0

Julie,

It sounds like it either had been in a shadier spot and had trouble adjusting to the sun suddenly, or more likely it just dried out too far and suffered a little root loss. Move it to a bright shady spot and keep the growing medium evenly moist. This will give it the best chance of surviving and recovering.

Good luck with your plants. They are really beautiful selections.