self pollinating fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

Downers Grove, IL (Zone 5A)
Question by patrickjenza
How can I tell if a tree is self pollinating or not? some of the trees have descriptive lables on them with all required information others have tags with basicinformation and a note to go to homedepot .com for more information. but it's not easy to find .

0

Without knowing which tree(s) you are considering I can't tell you specifically. However, the following web page from the University of Illinois extension provides some general fruit tree growing information followed by a list of varieties and their pollination needs.

You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser in order to make it work correctly.

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/f...

If that doesn't cover it for you, you could contact your local county extension, ask your professionally trained store staff, or use the Q&A form again. We'll be glad to help!