Quality control -- Lime Tree Curl - Knowledgebase Question

Richmond, BC
Question by bjalmarson
Approximately 3-months ago I purchased an

0

The leaves of a lime tree tend to curl a bit so what you're seeing might be quite normal. If the leaves look distorted, are not evenly curled, or are a little pale, I'd suspect either insect feeding or low soil moisture. Although you water regularly, containerized plants can sometimes develop air pockets in the root mass. You can overcome this by periodically immersing the container in a larger container of water and leaving it there until no air bubble rise to the surface.

Check your tree carefull for insect pests - spider mites are a common pest on indoor citrus trees and their feeding will result in cupped and curled leaves. There will be tiny fine webs around the leaves and stems with tiny black dots. Give it a good hard spray with a hose, then spray it with insecticidal oil.

Once you've determined the cause and corrected it, subsequent leaves should appear normal but the curled leaves will remain until they drop off naturally.

Best wishes with your lime tree.