CORAL BARK MAPLE - Knowledgebase Question

Memphis, Tn
Question by juliusarnet
I purchased a Coral Bark Maple and it has started to turn black from the tip top and progressing downward ~2 ft (tree is 6ft tall). Bed is moist, but not wet. Any idea what is happening with this tree? Local dealer had no remarks to provide. Anxiously awaiting any replies.

R/
Julius

0

Unfortunately, based on the information in your description I am not able to diagnose the problem for you. I would strongly suggest you consult with your local county extension to obtain a specific diagnosis. If it is something that requires or can be treated, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it. Since it is affecting one third of the tree I would suggest you contact them as soon as you can.