Oak Leaf Red Holly Berry Production - Knowledgebase Question

Livingston, NJ
Question by Louiskukul
Your site indicates that the Oak Leaf Red Holly is a female variety.Does it bear fruit and to what quantity? I have a Festive Red Holly about 35 feet away. Thanks.

0

In my experience, if you really want berries then you might like "Cardinal" or "Robin" better. Note that they both have maroon colored new growth. "Oakleaf" is known for its unique foliage shape and year round green foliage color, it is also more columnar than the others when it is young. "Festive" is special because it has tighter growth and can be sheared and kept in a relatively small pyramid shape. Without pruning, they all grow to about the same size. If you do prune often, you would probably limit or prevent berry formation. I hope this helps.