edible plant - Knowledgebase Question

virginia beach, VA
Question by tfrendak
Hello,

I just purchased one of your DWARF BEARSS SEEDLESS LIME TREE. I know it is an edible fruit tree and that the limes when they grow I can eat but are the leaves on the tree edible? I know that they smell great and I was wondering if they were edible, so that I could put them in cocktails?!

Thank you very much,

TJ FRENDAK

0

There are some types of citrus with foliage that is used in cooking (such as Citrus hysrix- Mauritius Papeda) however I am not able to find any reference that includes this one as one of those. So, I would not recommend using them in cooking or cocktails. If you need a sprig of leaves to decorate the glass, you might try mint instead. It should complement the citrus nicely and is widely available in grocery stores; it's also easy to grow. I hope this helps.