clivia indoor plant - Knowledgebase Question

Brossard, Qu
Question by charlesandde
I live in quebec. I would like to know does this clivia plant need sun? High light? How often do you have to water this. Could you send me information on this plant please. After the flower is dead, how do I cut it? Thank you.
Debbie

0

Once the flowers have faded you can cut off the stem close to the base. Try not to damage any foliage when you do this. This plant tolerates somewhat dim light, but a bright spot without direct sun is best. Keep the soil slightly moist while it is actively growing from spring to fall. In the fall, move it to a cooler (55 degrees) location, reduce watering and stop fertilizing to give it a short "rest". When you see a bloom stem begin to appear, increase the watering slightly. Do not repot this plant until it is so crowded the pot is about to break; it likes to be crowded and hates being transplanted or divided. I hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"