Hibiscus yellowng of some of the leaves - Knowledgebase Question

The Villages, FL
Question by cdt419
I recently had a few hibiscus planted by a nursery. On one of the plants, several leaves are turning yellow and several buds are falling off. When the plants were planted about 10 days ago, I believe they were fertilized and I have been watering them about every other day.
Any ideas?

0

Curt,

That is not unusual for a newly planted hibiscus and may well just be some transplant shock from which it will recover in time with good care (proper watering and fertilizing). Don't let the soil get dry or keep it too wet either. Hibiscus buds are very prone to dropping, especially if your plant is under stress from too much or too little water, excessive fertilizer, thrips or other stress factors such as transplanting shock. Also, some varieties (particularly doubles) are more prone to bud drop. Again, I suspect all this will clear up in time with good care.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"