How to care for Indoor Orchid - Knowledgebase Question

Ash Fork, AZ (Zone 7A)
Question by hester_regan
A friend just gave me a potted plant which she says is an orchid. I love indoor and outdoor gardening but have never had an orchid. I do not know, nor does she, what type orchid this is. It belonged to her sister who is now deceased so we cannot ask her. Please tell me what type of soil, moisture, humidity, etc. I would love to see this bloom and flourish. Thank you

0

Here's the web site for the Orchid Society of Arizona. They have a Q & A service devoted to orchids, answered by folks who are crazy about growing orchids! They can probably help you ID your plant. The site also has detailed information sheets on caring for orchids. Good luck with your plant!

http://welcome.to/orchidsociet...