golden brownish spots in you lawn - Knowledgebase Question

nashville, tn
Question by sheryljm
Could this be a fungus? We have had a lot of rain and my lawn had a great stand of rye grass and then the fescue comes up in the warmer weather. I now have golden brownish spots all across the front area of my lawn and it tends to spread.The man who mows has limed and also fertilized and amonia nitrate was used as well.It has been aireated last fall and again this spring.Help please!Thank you.
Sheryl

0

This might be a fungus. It is very difficult to diagnose this type of problem long distance. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to obtain a specific diagnosis and based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. In the meantime, here is a fairly comprehensive web site on lawn diseases from Cornell University Extension you may find interesting although it often takes an expert to make a diagnosis.

http://plantclinic.cornell.edu...

I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you. Good luck with your lawn!