Dormant Blueberry? - Knowledgebase Question

Little Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Question by murals4
I bought a blueberry bush (a forked twig, actually), from Wal-Mart a few months ago, and potted it. It was budding when I bought it, but it was too cold to put outside, so I put it in front of the only window I have that receives any sun. Unfortunately, it is above an electric heat register. It was doing well for a month or so, but then the leaves started to turn brown and fall off. I pulled it away from the register, but it continued to either die or go dormant. It warmed up here, so I was able to put it outside, but there is no change. I scraped some bark off the bottom, but it is brown all the way through. Is it possible that it is just dormant? Or did I cook it? It has been outside for about 6 weeks.

0

Based on the description of what happened and that there is no green inside the bark, I think it is probably dead. I'm sorry. To make sure, begin at the tips and work your way down the plant checking for green inside the bark. Trim off the dead wood until you find green. If it is still alive at the base, maybe it will survive.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"