Crimson queen - Knowledgebase Question

Roseville, MI
Avatar for michaelhaus1
Question by michaelhaus1
I purchased a Crimson Queen Japanese Maple from a local nursery. The tag on it says 3.6 gal. Can you tell me how old the tree is and what size container should I pot it up to. It is my intention to keep it in a container. By the way...it is beautiful !!
Thanks
Mike

Your Crimson Queen is probably only 3-4 years of age. If you intend to keep it in a container, simply plan on bumping it up to the next size every year or two. You'll know it's becoming uncomfortable when roots begin to escape from the drainage holes. You can do a little root pruning when you repot (simply cut about an inch of the root mass all the way around, plus the bottom. The pot it up in the next sized pot (i.e.5-gallon, then 7, then 9...), using fresh potting soil. Best wishes with your beautiful new tree!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Visual_Botanics and is called "Hidden Bird Bath"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.