Fruitless Weeping Mulberry Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Whitelaw, WI
Question by boldts32
I purchased a Fruitless Weeping Mulberry tree. I planted it last sping. I was told that it would flower just as a regular Weeping Mulberry. It did not last year and does not appear that it will be this year either(although we are having a slow spring). I ask another Garden Center about it and they say that the fruitless will not flower. which one is correct? will the tree ever flower?

0

The fruitless mulberries do flower in the spring but the flowers are like green catkins, very small and not very noticeable. The flowers are similar between the different mulberries -- Morus alba, M. nigra, and M. rubrum. So even in full bloom you would not see a display the way you would on, for example, a flowering crab apple tree.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"