bamboo - Knowledgebase Question

Highland Mills, NY (Zone 6A)
Question by kukaj
I would like to know what to feed bamboo plant and how you transplant them and what kind of pot you need. do they need alot of light or not

0

There are many different kinds of bamboo and many do not make good houseplants. They grow very slowly in containers so would not need transplanting very often. Some require a winter cool period in order to stay healthy. Most need very bright to bright light and will need extra humidity to stay healthy indoors during the winter heating system when interior air becomes so dry. You might find the following growing suggestions from The Bamboo Garden, a bamboo specialty nursery, interesting.

http://www.bamboogarden.com/In...

I have never shopped with this nursery so I am offering this only as information, not an endorsement. I hope this helps.