Black Spots on Hollies - Knowledgebase Question

LEXINGTON,, KY
Question by MCF1221
I have two holly shrubs that the leaves are turning yellow with black spots. What can I do to save these shrubs?

0

It's really difficult to diagnose plant disease problems without actually seeing the plant so I'm going to suggest you place some of the affected leaves in a plastic bag and seal it, then take it to your nursery, Cooperative Extension office or Master Garden Clinic for positive identification of the problem. Your holly could have fungal or bacterial leaf spot. If you remove the affected leaves you'll keep the disease from spreading and you may avoid future development by pruning your plants to increase air circulation and sunlight penetration. Depending upon the cause of the spots, there are chemical treatments available. As soon as you have a positive diagnosis, you can begin helping your plants overcome the disease.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"