Juniper Spiral - Knowledgebase Question

Elk City, ok
Question by tdewittkeco
My Juniper Spiral has turned brown, but has some green spots on it. There are no worms or bugs on it. What could be killing it and what can I do to save it? It has been in my front yard landscaping for 5 yrs. I have never had any trouble until this year.

0

If the plant has turned completely brown, there may not be anything you can do to save it. Junipers require a sunny site in fast draining soils. They definitely don't like wet feet. You can assess the health of your juniper by scraping the bark off the stems, looking for live, green tissue. If the stems are brown all the way through, I'd say your juniper is a goner and will need to be replaced. If you find green tissue directly under the bark of the stems, there's still hope. Prune off the obviously dead plant parts and wait for it to grow new branches and leaves. Hope it recovers!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"