Double Impations (Impations Wallerana) - Knowledgebase Question

Rockwell City, IA
Question by sammey_19
Dear Whom it may concern,
I would like to know why Double Impations (Impations Wallerana) aren't called just Impations. Because if there are supposed to be a duoble bloom we don't have it!
Sincerely,
Sam Falk

P.S., Thank you for your hard work!

0

The double impatiens is called that because the flowers have extra petals. Some varieties have blooms with so many petals that they look like miniature roses. The number of flowers on each plant would be about the same or maybe a bit lower than on a regular impatiens. Any impatiens will bloom best if grown in bright dappled light all day or morning sun, is watered so the soil stays evenly moist but is not saturated or sopping wet, and is fertilized adequately. Topdressing with compost and using a general purpose granular or slow release fertilizer, plus a two to three in layer of organic mulch should help. Also, they grow best and bloom better when grown in warm soil and when the weather is warm -- rather than during the cool spring. I hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"