zones & books - Knowledgebase Question

Cocoa, FL
Question by storm99
I moved from CA to FL a couple of years ago and am now ready to do some gardening. It seems that all the gardening books I find are about the western states. Do you know of any good Florida books that take the high humidity and sandy soil into account?

0

The University of Florida has many books for Florida Gardeners.

For IFAS Publications call (355)392-1744. The address is
P.O. Box 110011. Gainseville, FL 32611. I believe you would enjoy a visit to the University book store.

I have recently purchased from the University a FAIRS CD-ROM which is a Multimedia Database. It has all the information a Florida gardener would need.

One book that has good informtion for gardeners throughout t he country is Rodale Press' Enclyclopedia of Organic Gardening. I find this book very useful. I wouldn't be without my copy.

National Gardening Magazine has a tremendous amount of useful information and will keep you up to date on what is going on in gardening. The address is 180Flynn Ave, Burlington, Vt. 05401 Telephone number is (800)538- 7476. Web site is http:www.garden.org.

Cocoa is in zone 9.