Privet Hedge - Knowledgebase Question

Oshkosh, WI
Question by ccummings40
I'm trying to find out the difference between the Cheyenne Privet and the Amur North River Privet. A couple of other web sites state the North River grows 10-15 ft. whereas your site reads only 4-6 ft. tall and the Cheyenne grows 4-5 ft. tall but your site reads 6-12 ft. tall. Would you please clarify? Thank you very much!

0

The same plants can reach different mature sizes depending upon where it is grown in the U.S., the soil type, and watering practices. I went to the University of Wisconsin website to see how they rate these shrubs in your growing region. According to their publication, 'Cheyenne' grows upwards of 10' and 'North River' will grow 15' in your gardening region. Hope this information is helpful.