brown spots - Knowledgebase Question

deptford, nj
Question by jeanetteb52
We have 3 Juniperus chinensis `San Jose an all have brown spots, what is this, what can we do about it? The Pom-pom is brown in the center of each pom and green growth at the tips, the spiral developed one brown patch. Please we love the scrubs and need some advice. thank you

0

Unfortunately, based on your description I am not certain what is affecting your junipers. It might be an insect problem or possibly a fungal or bacterial disease problem. I would suggest you work with your retailer (if these are new plants) and/or with your local county extension to obtain a specific diagnosis. Based on knowing that you can determine how to proceed. If it is something that requires treatment, your c ounty extension will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it.