Weeping Katsura - Knowledgebase Question

Waterport, NY
Question by ruthiesmith
We have just noticed that our 3 year old katsura has black spots on the leaves and they appear to be curling up and dying. We live in zone 5 and have no problems at all with this tree. We wondered what you thought and what can we do?

0

Katsura is generally considered to be trouble free, so there is no common suspect to suggest and based on the information in your question I am not able to say what the problem is with any certainty. I would suggest you consult with your local Cornell cooperative extension to obtain a specific diagnosis and based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. If a chemical control is needed they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it. In the meantime, clean up any fallen foliage and dispose of it in the trash to limit sources of reinfection; also do a thorough leaf cleanup this fall for the same reason.