Dwarf Alberta Spruce - Knowledgebase Question

Middle Village, NY
Question by panareld
To Whom It May Concern,
I have 2 Dwarf Alberta Spruce trees that are about 2 years old and one of them is turning brown with it's needles dropping. I checked for spider mites and any other insects but I can't see anything moving and there is no webs. I haven't watered in awhile but we did get alot of rain several weeks ago. I fertilized and watered the trees about 3 weeks ago. Can you help me in identifying the problem? Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Debbie Panarella

0

Unfortunately, based on your description I am not able to tell you what is happening to your spruce tree. It might be a delayed reaction to the dry weather, or it might be a pest or disease problem. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to try to obtain a specific diagnosis and then based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. If it is something that requires a chemical control, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it for maximum results. In the meantime, water as needed to keep the soil slightly damp like a wrung out sponge -- not saturated/sopping wet and not dried out.