Non-Blooming Jacaranda - Knowledgebase Question

Frsotproof, Fl
Question by southon27
I have had a Jacaranda mimosifolia for 3 years and it does not bloom. What should I do?

0

If the jacaranda you planted was not blooming when you bought it and didn't bloom this spring, it is either too immature (regardless of size), or it is not getting the full sun and moist soil it craves. If it is too immature, the only thing you can do is wait; if it is not getting the sunshine and water it requires, you may have to move it to a sunnier spot and water more frequently. If you'd like to feed your tree next spring, use a low-nitrogen fertilizer (too much nitrogen will result in lots of green growth, often at the expense of flowers). A 5-10-10 fertilizer formulation will promote healthy root growth and flower development. Best wishes with your jacaranda!