Agapanthus (Lily of the Nile) Leaves are yellowing - Knowledgebase Question

Cumming, GA
Question by harlowhunt
We are in a drought but have watered my plants because they are new. I have sprayed for insects faithfully.What do do to keep the leaves from yellowing? Also they have not grown much since I put them in.They are planted in fresh Miracle-Gro soil for flowers and gardens

0

You didn't say how long your agapanthus has been planted in the ground. If you just recently installed them, they could be going through a little transplant shock. If you keep them well watered they should adjust in a few weeks and you'll see new growth. It's natural for some of the older leaves to turn yellow and die; these will be replaced by healthy new leaves as the season extends. I'd just be patient with the plants - I think they'll snap out of it soon. Best wishes with your garden!