rose leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Elmhurst, il
Question by kcspencer200
My rose bush was planted last year and it bloomed with beautiful flowers. This year it was growing fine, no blooms and the leaves at the top of the stems are turning brown and curling. Any idea what the problem might be and what can be done to rectify it?

0

Browning leaves can indicate salt burn (from salt in the water or over-fertilization). But, they can also indicate the beginnings of a fungal or bacterial disease. Since it's difficult to diagnose without actually seeing the leaves, my best advice would be to collect a few affected leaves, seal them in a plastic bag and then take them to your local nursery or Cooperative Extension office for diagnosis. It may be nothing to worry about but you won't know until someone examines the leaves. Best wishes with your rose!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"