Green Bean - Knowledgebase Question

Vancouver, Wa
Question by wing19y
My son brought home a grean bean plant that was started and now I need to plant it outside. Where is the best place and how do we take care of it?

0

Green beans grow best in full sunshine, in well draining soil. If your bean plant has been indoors, the summer sun might be a little strong for it at first so try to give it a little protection for the first few days that it is outdoors. You can prop up a piece of cardboard to shade it until it gets established. Your bean plant will need some support so it can climb (unless it's a bush bean rather than a climber). Plant it near something it can cling to (a fence, tree trunk, etc.) Water it once or twice a week and harvest the beans when they're about pencil-thick. Best wishes with your new little plant!