Sod Webworms/Pests - Knowledgebase Question

Winter Springs, FL (Zone 9B)
Question by mjudvari
I have diagnosed the pest as sod webworms. They are quickly eating the st. augustine lawn and I need to find out what will kill them. Any suggestions are appreciated. Location: Orlando, FL

0

Sod webworms, armyworms and cutworms can also feed on St. Augustine grass leaves and can cause damage when infestations are heavy. Evidence of heavy feeding by these insects includes a skeletonized appearance of leaf blade, silk-like webs visible in early morning (webs cover earthen tunnel in the thatch layer of turf) or defoliation of lawn in irregular patches. All of the leaf-feeding insects can be easily controlled by insecticides or biological worm control. (Bacillus sp. sold as Bt in garden centers) Apply according to label directions.