trumpet vines - Knowledgebase Question

schwenksville, pa
Question by narke004
dear sir i have 3 trumpet vines they all have yellow tags stating they are yellow NOT red! the first year they bloomed they were yellow what is the PROBLEM? how can we adjust so that they will be yellow? PLEASE HELP VERY DIAPPOINTED! MRS. NARKE 221 MENG RD SCHWENKSVILLE,PA 19473-1720 THANK YOU.

0

Campsis radicans "Flava" is usually described as having yellow to orange yellow blooms. In my experience the color can be affected somewhat by their age and by the weather, especially heat, but they should not turn red. I am not certain what could have happened to cause a color change to red, unless possibly some red/orange flowered seedlings have developed and have overwhelmed the original plants. (This is not a plant like hydrangea that can be changed by manipulating the soil.) If these are new plants, I would suggest you contact your retailer to see if they can assist you. I'm sorry you are so unhappy with your plants.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"