Seed Source - Knowledgebase Question

Salem, OH
Avatar for jlynn3
Question by jlynn3
I am looking for a source of Columnar (not sure if this is correct spelling but this is the way it's pronounced) Basil seeds. It's a basil that grows 3 to 4 feet straight up and can be pruned and used as an annual shrub.

One of the problems with using local or common names of plants is trying to find out what they really are. I believe you are referring to Ocimum basilicum 'Minimum' or "Bush Basil". This basil grows like a small bush. There was an episode of Martha Stewart Living in which she referred to columnar basil and I think this is the one. You could check with her website
www.marthastewart.com or e-mail: mstewart@marthastewart.com
to be sure. If it is what you are looking for it is available from Well Sweep Herbs at phone number 908-852-5390 (sorry, I don't have an address), or at Richter's Herbs at
Email: orderdesk@richters.com
or,
Horizon Herb at Email herbseed@chatlink.com

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by JebobaTea and is called "Phlox Pillow II"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.