Seed Source - Knowledgebase Question

Salem, OH
Question by jlynn3
I am looking for a source of Columnar (not sure if this is correct spelling but this is the way it's pronounced) Basil seeds. It's a basil that grows 3 to 4 feet straight up and can be pruned and used as an annual shrub.

0

One of the problems with using local or common names of plants is trying to find out what they really are. I believe you are referring to Ocimum basilicum 'Minimum' or "Bush Basil". This basil grows like a small bush. There was an episode of Martha Stewart Living in which she referred to columnar basil and I think this is the one. You could check with her website
www.marthastewart.com or e-mail: mstewart@marthastewart.com
to be sure. If it is what you are looking for it is available from Well Sweep Herbs at phone number 908-852-5390 (sorry, I don't have an address), or at Richter's Herbs at
Email: orderdesk@richters.com
or,
Horizon Herb at Email herbseed@chatlink.com

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"