Age of Seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Easton, CT
Question by cwilde1
I am an enthusiastic beginner gardener and see lots of plants in the catalog that I would like to try to grow from seed. But if I purchase seeds in many different varieties, I will only have space in the garden for a few of each. Do seeds for annuals and perennials keep from year to year so I could finish unused packages in 1999 or later?

0

If you keep your seeds in an air-tight container in a cool, dark location like a basement, they should remain viable for a number of years. If they're exposed to heat, light, or moisture, they'll deteriorate quickly. I've saved seed by just putting the original package in a mason jar, screwing the lid on tightly, and putting it in the back of the closet. Just don't forget where you've stored your seeds!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"