The best tree for the job... - Knowledgebase Question

Hopewell Junction, NY
Question by carlyry
I need to plant trees to provide privacy for my deck. I want inexpensive, fast growing (about 25-30 feet) trees. Preferably not evergreens. Thanks.

0

Here are some small deciduous trees to consider. You might look into some of the newer disease resistant crabapple varieties, or possibly a European mountain ash (Sorbus aucuparia) or the Coral Fire mouontain ash (Sorbus hupehensis "Coral Fire"), or a Kwanzan cherry (Prunus serrulata 'Kwanzan'). Your local professional nursery staff and/or Cornell extension may have other suggestions based on a more detailed understanding of the growing conditions where you want to plant as well as your overall design goals.