Lantana varieties - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, AZ
Question by rkf1234
What lantana varieties do you recommend that have brilliant color most of the year. I'd like to do a bed with a variety of colors. The plantings will be in a small enclosed brick courtyard that gets plenty of sun. Maybe red and orange and yellow. Seems like purple is trailing lantana only.

0

The lantanas are fairly similar in terms of offering great color almost year around if temps. don't get too cold. If they suffer frost damage, they usually come back quickly in spring. I like some of the multi-colors, like the gold and pink, mixed with solids like Gold Rush. Also, white lantana adds alot of pop as contrast in planting combinations, although not necessarily with lantana. It's one of my favorites in oversized containers as it trails over the edge. If you are set on specific cultivars, you might want to have a full-service nursery try and order them for you. Not all of these are typically available locally. Good luck with your garden bed!