I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CASTANEA SATIVA, - Knowledgebase Question

MEXICO, ES
Question by interesaguil
THE CASTANEA SATIVA LEAVES ARE FALLING, AT THE FIRST TIME THEIR CHANGES THEIR COLOR I WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO . WE ARE AT 2800 MTS OVER THE SEA LEVEL , AND RAINNIG SO MUCH

0

Based on your description, I am not certain what is happening to your tree. Castanea sativa (Spanish chestnut) needs a well drained or even a sandy soil. If you have had excessive rain and it is in a low spot or similar wet location, it may be suffering from that. Overly wet soil can cause root damage which then shows up as a foliage problem. This tree is also susceptible to chestnut blight, a serious disease which has killed chestnuts across North America, as well as several other diseases such as phytophthora. Unfortunately, without seeing the tree it is difficult to make a recommendation. I would suggest you consult with a professionally trained nurseryman or tree specialist in your area to try to get a more exact diagnosis. Based on knowing that, you can decide how to proceed. I am sorry I can't be more specific for you long distance.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"