White Flies - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Ann Holland
West Falmouth, MA
Question by dutch10175
I have had a real bout with white flies on some of my house plants. What is the besat remedy for getting rid of them short of throwing the infected plants away?

0

Once the population of white flies soars, they're really difficult to get rid of! You can try making some sticky traps to prop up around your plants. Take bright yellow cardboard or paint index cards bright yellow and smear them with petroleum jelly.Then mount them on ice cream sticks or wires and place them level with the tops of your plants. The white flies will be attracted to the yellow and will get stuck when they get too close to the traps. Replace traps as necessary. You can also try to gently wash the larvae and eggs off of the leaves of your plants using plain water. Be sure to rinse both sides of each leaf, plus each of the stems. Good luck!