What kind of grass? - Knowledgebase Question

Inman, SC (Zone 7B)
Question by mrtytbod
I just bought a house here in South Carolina and have a few areas that are not growing properly and would like to plant some more in those areas. It's early September, so which is the best for me to plant now or should I wait until spring?

0

You can overseed now with a cool season grass such as tall fescue. It should have plenty of time to germinate and grow in the cooler months of September, October and November. Be sure to rake the areas prior to seeding (so the seeds can make good contact with the soil) and after seeding, broadcast some peat moss over the seeds to help keep them moist and to discourage birds from feasting on your grass seeds.

Best wishes with your lawn!