How do I get rid of a Cherry Laurel? - Knowledgebase Question

Port Richey, FL (Zone 9B)
Question by hernandezfa
I have cut down a Cherry Laurel tree. I still have a stump. I soon had many little Cherry Laurel sprouts all over my yard. What do I need to do to get rid of the stump and these little trees for good?

0

You can starve the roots out by continually cutting down the sprouts (before they develop leaves), or you can use a chemical to kill the stump. There are several chemical preparations available to accomplish your task. One is "Hi-Yield" Stump Remover. It decomposes the wood leaving it porous and easy to remove. Available in a 1 1/2 lb. can, it is harmless to surrounding vegetation. It is available from Jung, their phone number is 1-800-247-5864. Another product is "Stump Out". It works in much the same way and is available in a 2 1/2 lb. can. You can purchase it from Stark Bros. at 1-800-325-4180.

Best wishes with your project.