hydrangas, endless summer - Knowledgebase Question

oklahoma city, ok
Question by mharris129
I planted (re-planted) your endless summer and oakleaf hydrangas this spring. fall and winter are coming and I don't know what to do with them so they come back next spring. Last year I cut all my hydrangas back, almost to the ground and they did NOT come back for spring and summer.

0

Your new Endless Summer and Oakleaf hydrangeas won't need any special care for the winter. Endless Summer blooms on both old and new wood so even if it dies down to ground level, it will still grow and produce flowers. Oakleaf hydrangeas generally do not need to be cut back at all, unless they are becoming overgrown. Don't prune your hydrangeas at this time; wait until spring when new growth begins and then prune out anything that died back during the winter months. As long as your hydrangeas get morning sun and filtered shade from hot afternoon sun, they should bloom well for you next year.

Enjoy!