Dwarf Burning Bush Not Changing Color in Fall - Knowledgebase Question

Kalamazoo, MI
Question by turnerlf
I have 2 dwarf burning bushes - one planted in 9/05 and the other in 6/06. Neither one is turning color this fall - the leaves are still all green. The burning bushes in the area are turning or have turned bright red already. Both of my bushes are under large trees - one under a sugar maple and the other under a pine tree. Can you explain why my burning bushes are not

0

The leaves of your burning bushes are cold sensitive and cold weather is what prompts a color change. The fact that your plants are beneath large trees explains why the leaves are not changing colors - they are being sheltered from the elements. They will eventually change, but they may never be on the same schedule as other burning bushes in your neighborhood.

Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"